Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Aurora, or La Aurora. That is the question.

I find so much inspiration in nature; from beauty, to balance, I think nature's got the right idea.  The two things I find most inspiring in nature is the idea of the sunrise (morning, dawn, night giving way to light), and the northern lights (mystical, magical, otherworldly).  Imagine my surprise when I found out the two were connected across two languages. 

In English, the northern lights could be called The Aurora Borealis, or just The Aurora for short-- while in Spanish, the word La Aurora means The Dawn.  Two ideas, one word.  That's the kind of thing that inspires me!  With this discovery in mind I added two phrases to the inspiration page of my journal.

"I dream of the Aurora, espero la aurora (I wait/hope for the dawn)." 

Now the next question, which idea do I want to take and use for the theme of my blog?  The Aurora, or La Aurora. 

1 comment:

  1. Also, expect a bilingual post sometime in the near future. It's a difficult undertaking-- trying to write something in two different languages that is beautiful in both-- but I'm going to take the challenge.

    ReplyDelete