Monday, March 14, 2011

Love is all.

Here's my "Love is..." prompt. I decided to take a slightly different outlook while writing: towards the beginning I'm writing of what love is usually seen as, then I move towards my own lost feelings towards love—as a teen who has no idea of what love is. While I may not know what love is, I do know one thing. Love is all. Here's what I feel. Enjoy.

Love is all:

Love is feeling complete; love is feeling whole. Love is being mad but never caring any less. Love is the power that binds nations, languages, and people. Love is a lonely thought shattered by thoughts of you. Love is one sundae and two straws. Love is a spark between four eyes eyes. Love is a chemical bond between two hearts; love is the gravity between two souls. Love is filling the silence with substance. Love filling the heart with joy. Love is a waking dream. Love is falling on purpose. Love is binding, being, and never ending. Love is a theory explaining everything.

Love is yearning. Love is looking for but never finding. Love is making a wish. Love is giving a gift from the heart. Love is letting the wind wash away your troubled thoughts. Love is a sunrise bringing new hope. Love is a quiet afternoon in the park thinking of you. Love is saying a silent prayer. Love is aching with care. Love is being there.

Love is a secret deep within my heart. Love is a heart that woke up too late. Love is a lie I declared but secretly believed. Love is a wistful thought, a look, a sigh. Love is the way it should have been. Love is a promise not to give up. Love is a memory, a hope, a dream of the future. Love is the way I find reasons to believe. Love is a hidden fear-- loving is hiding my tears. Love is giving up for the moment but finding a way. Love is waiting for the day.

Love is all.

6 comments:

  1. I really love this!!! i have read it probably a million times!!! like i really do love it! my favorite part is Love is being mad but never caring any less. becasue it so is true!!! so great job man! good good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... That was the best thing I've read all day! That was fantastic! The sentences flowed and the bits of rhyme just fell into it. I don't think there's a single part I don't like."Love is being mad but never caring any less" is the one i know that i relate to most. Unconditional love no matter what they do. And "Love is one sundae and two straws" is cute too!
    really well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love is falling on purpose."

    I don't know what this means, but I like it. Are you talking about falling in love or actually falling? I think about Buzz Lightyear falling with style. I think of an older brother pretending to stumble, letting his little brother win in a race. I think of a dad pretending to fall and get hurt just to make his kids laugh. I think of religion. Jesus. Adam.

    Whoa. I've obviously taken this line way too far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Annother good one from you! haha. This way so good!
    I don't know if this is how you tried to make it, but I felt like the different paragraghs were almost different ways different people look at love, or feel about love. I never thought of approching it that way. I really liked the line "Love is aching with care. Love is being there."
    sooo goood! You should do annother one similar to this. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you did a very good job. Most people i thought failed on this post but you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, this was just .. wow. Your last paragraph almost made me cry and I don't even know why. I think you just explained .. love. :) I really liked the line:"Love is a lie I declared but secretly believed. " This line hurts me in some way but at the same time it makes me wanna smile. Ha I don't even know what to say. You blew my mind. This was freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete