Sunday, March 20, 2011

The List of Urg

There wasn't really much to this one-- no creativity, no inspiration.  Just complaints (and a one liner I stole from the song below.)

The List of Urg:

"I've been tired of feeling weak, and I'm so tired but I can't sleep, this time this thing is deep.  I'm lost in time and it's finally starting to show-- and i know you know."

I'm tired of working harder and getting payed less.  I'm tired of unreasonable expectations.  I'm tired of getting to bed late, of getting up early, of not sleeping at all.  I'm tired of the snow. I'm tired of the clouds.  I'm tired of sunless days and starless nights.  I'm tired of my room, my house, of all of indoors.  I'm tired of feeling tense-- I'm tired of the worry, the anxiety,  and the stress.

I'm tired of feeling jealous.  I'm tired of the secret that plagues my heart, of the dread that stains my soul.  I'm tired of empty journal pages.  I'm tired of being behind.  I'm tired of being over-scheduled.  I'm tired of apathy.  I'm tired of being patient with people who aren't patient with me.  I'm tired of people that think other languages and ethnicities are inferior to their own.  I'm tired of racial jokes.  I'm tired of not knowing what "my thing" is.  I'm tired of nodding off.  I'm tired of running out of ideas.  I'm tired of not having ideas in the first place.  I'm tired of not speaking my mind.  I'm tired of being passive.  I'm tired of people with no integrity.  I'm tired of forgetting.  I'm tired of remembering.

I'm tired of him.  Of her.  Of him and her.  Sometimes I'm tired of them, and other times I'm tired of them.  I'm tired of it, of those, of all that over there.  I'm tired of thinking about all I'm tired of. 

2 comments:

  1. I think its pretty cool that you start out with something that inspired you and then continue writing. I also liked that you listed a couple of things in a row, like "I'm tired of getting to bed late, of getting up early, of not sleeping at all." Good job.

    ReplyDelete