Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hidden

So I was flipping through my math notes the other day and I stumbled across a poem I started at the beginning of the year.  It was sitting there all sad and forgotten, but after looking at the single stanza for a little bit I became inspired to finish it.  It's the melancholy-type poem, but I think it fits really well into what I'm going through lately.  It's not perfect, but as a wise-man once said, "All bad poetry stems from genuine feeling". 

Hidden:

Good and bad and truth and lies
Is what goes on behind these hazel eyes
Where thoughts begin and dreams roam free
But how often do people see that me?

When life gets fast I lose my way
And pass it off as just another bad day
But deep inside amidst my thoughts
I know that somehow I've been all lost

Though hard I try to hide my face
I cannot help but feel disgrace
For once I knew what road to take
But now I feel just like a big fake

I'm not myself but that can change
For next time life bears down I'll do something strange
I'll raise my eyes with courage and heart
And look destiny in the eyes and take on my part

I may be lost now, I may be naive
But does that mean I must give up and leave?
Behind my eyes my soul still remains
It's time to come out of hiding and empty my chains. 

3 comments:

  1. I really really really like this poem it gives people something to think about! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super good.... i've been flipping through lots of blogs and not really taking time to finish any entries cause they just didn't get my attention. But yours made me stop and read, and i think this is amazing. You are a really good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really liked this poem. It was really intreaging i couldnt stop reading. It made me want to know the real you. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete